Overview for Mathematics
Chelmsford Public Schools is committed to an engaging and rigorous Mathematics Curriculum. We place a focus on conceptual understanding of concepts to help students be able to recall and apply. In addition, we try to promote a growth mindset for our students as all students have the ability to be successful in math. At all grade levels, we focus on the Standards for Mathematical Practice:
- Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
- Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
- Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
- Model with mathematics.
- Use appropriate tools strategically.
- Attend to precision.
- Look for and make use of structure.
- Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.