In May, sixth-grade students will begin the placement process for seventh-grade mathematics. Students are recommended for one of three levels as described in the Course of Studies.
- 4th Grade Legacy MCAS score: 530 +
- 5th Grade Next Generation MCAS score: 530 +
- Average of five Continental Math League Test: 3.6 average
- New England Math League Test: 20+
- Term 1, 2, & 3 average: 96%+
- Basic Skills Test: 90%+
- Aptitude Test: 85%+
- Teacher Input
In order to qualify for honors, students will need to be successful in at least six of the criteria above. Students and families will be notified of their placement for mathematics classes next spring.