What is Early College Access?
- A program for college ready high school students who want to earn college credit while working towards high school graduation requirements
Who qualifies for Early College Access?
- High school students in good standing
- Students who can demonstrate eligibility for college level English
- Students that have the approval of their guidance counselors or home school advisors
- Students who have a minimum 2.0 grade point average
What does it Cost?
- Early College Access students pay reduced tuition costs
- Currently, Massachusetts Early College Access students pay $126 per credit
- Limited funding from the Commonwealth of Massachusetts may be available to state residents to cover the cost of courses that are 3 or more credits, however this funding is not guaranteed
Can Early College Access students apply for financial aid?
- Early College Access students are not eligible for financial aid but are eligible for the MCC payment plan.
How many courses do students take each semester?
- Most Early College Access students take one or two classes a semester. Students, along with a parent, work with their guidance counselor and an MCC advisor to determine how many classes they will take.
What responsibilities does a Early College Access student have?
- Early College Access students are responsible for their academic success. This includes, but is not limited to, attending and being on time for class, participating in class discussions, completing assigned reading and submitting assignments on time.
What services does the college offer Early College Access students?
MCC is committed to your success and offers:
- Specialized advising
- Small class sizes
- Disability support services
How do I apply?
- See your teacher, guidance counselor or download the application. Be sure to complete the application and ask your guidance counselor to attach a transcript. Applications should be turned in to Ms. Alex Cunningham at the Career and College Readiness Center by Sept. 15, 2023 for all fall semester or full year courses.