Throughout the school year, the students in the elementary computer labs continue to learn about Online Safety and Cyberbullying.
Online Safety – Learning Objectives
- Students will learn how to use the Internet safely and effectively.
- Students will understand that people online are not always who they say they are.
- Students will learn that they should never give out personal information without a trusted adult’s permission, especially if it conveys where they can be found at a particular time.
- Students should understand that predators are always present on the Internet.
Cyberbullying – Learning Objectives
- Students will understand the meaning of cyberbullying.
- Students will learn to recognize different forms of cyberbullying.
- Students will learn different strategies for dealing with a cyberbully.
- Students will learn the importance of enlisting the help of a trusted adult when cyberbullied.
Be sure to check out the other online safety links under the Links section.