All 4 elementary schools participated in the Hour of Code during the 1st 2 weeks of December!
Here are some pictures from those weeks
Throughout the school year, the students in the elementary computer labs continue to learn about Online Safety and Cyberbullying.
Online Safety – Learning Objectives
- Students will learn how to use the Internet safely and effectively.
- Students will understand that people online are not always who they say they are.
- Students will learn that they should never give out personal information without a trusted adult’s permission, especially if it conveys where they can be found at a particular time.
- Students should understand that predators are always present on the Internet.
Cyberbullying – Learning Objectives
- Students will understand the meaning of cyberbullying.
- Students will learn to recognize different forms of cyberbullying.
- Students will learn different strategies for dealing with a cyberbully.
- Students will learn the importance of enlisting the help of a trusted adult when cyberbullied.
Click on the following 2 resources for more information:
Be sure to check out the other online safety links under the Links section.