How to Register Your Child
Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2022.
Students entering first grade must be 6 years of age on or before August 31, 2022.
At the time of registration, parents are required to present the following documentation:
- A driver’s license
- Proof of home ownership
- Copy of mortgage statement or signed lease agreement
- Recently signed P&S agreement contingent on follow-up with a home closing document required to be eligible to start school
- Notarized affidavit supporting residence document with homeowner’s real estate tax bill
- Utility bill with name and address
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- A physical examination within one year of entrance to school or within 30 days after school entry with updated immunizations covering the following:
- Diphtheria (5 doses)
- Pertussis (5 doses)
- Tetanus (5 doses; Td booster grade 7)
- Mumps-rubella-measles (2 doses)
- Polio (4 doses)
- Varicella (2 doses), OR physician documentation of chicken pox, hepatitis B (3 doses), and MenACWY (1 dose grades 7 & 11).
- Lead test and eye exam for entering Kindergarten
A copy of a current immunization record is required for registration. If additional immunizations are needed prior to the beginning of school, a copy of the complete immunization record which meets state requirements must be provided prior to school entrance.
All documentation is required at the time of registration in Chelmsford Public Schools.
Our goal is to get your child into school as soon as possible.