We are thrilled to announce that several of our Chelmsford High School students have been accepted into the 2nd Annual UMass Lowell Regional High School Exhibition, a juried exhibition showcasing some of the best high school art in the region. Their work will be on display at the University of Massachusetts Art Gallery from December 2–8, 2019, and there will be a closing reception in the gallery on Sunday, December 8 from 2-3 p.m. This event is free, wheelchair accessible, and open to the public.
The following students will have their artwork exhibited at the University of Massachusetts Art Gallery:
- Hanna Branco, grade 12, Black Marker Illustration, AP Art Class
- Brooke Cardillo, grade 12, Acrylics on Canvas Board, Honors Art Class
- Julia Conico, grade 12, Acrylic on Canvas Board, Honors Art Class
- Anna Kehoe, grade 12, Pen, AP Art Class
- Kaili Lamb, grade 11, Photograph, Introduction to Digital Photography Class
- Sameeksha Sharma, grade 12, Acrylics on Masonite Board, AP Art Class
CHS student artwork was submitted for consideration for this exhibit by Art Teacher Teresa Karangioze. The artwork was selected through a jury process by the University of Massachusetts Lowell Art Professors and Art Gallery Director.
The University Gallery is located in the first floor of Mahoney Hall on 870 Broadway Street in Lowell. Gallery Hours are Monday 12-4, Tuesday 10-4, Wed-Thurs 10-9, and Fri-Sat 10-3. This space is accessible to all. Gallery events are free and open to the public. Parking is available in the Wilder Metered Lot, located at the intersection of Wilder Street and Bachelder Street. After 4 p.m. and on weekends, visitors may park in any open campus lot. For more information about access to the gallery, email the Gallery Director at Deborah_Santoro@uml.edu.
For more information about Chelmsford students’ participation in the UML High School Art Exhibit, please contact Ms. Karangioze at firstname.lastname@example.org.