Students are introduced to the engineering design process, applying math, science, and engineering standards to identify and design solutions to a variety of real problems. They work both individually and in collaborative teams to develop and document design solutions using engineering notebooks and 3D modeling software.
- What is the engineering design process and how is it used to develop new and innovative products?
- How are technical sketches and drawings used to visualize representations and communicate ideas within the engineering profession?
- How are modeling methods used to represent systems, components, and processes in design?
- How is the process of reverse engineering (which involves disassembling and analyzing a product or system in order to understand and document the visual, functional, and/or structural aspects of its design) useful to an engineer?
- How can advanced 3D computer modeling skills be useful when developing a new product?