Kindergarten registration for the 2023-24 academic year must be made by appointment.
Due to the inclement weather on the afternoon of Jan. 25, Chelmsford Public Schools has added a third registration day on Wednesday, Feb. 1.
- Tuesday, Jan. 24, 2023 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
- Wednesday, Jan. 25, 2023 from 9 a.m.–3 p.m.
- Wednesday, Feb. 1, 2023 from 9 a.m.–6 p.m.
Chelmsford Public Schools Central Administration Office, 230 North Road, North Chelmsford, MA.
- Children entering kindergarten must be 5 years of age on or before August 31, 2023.
- Parents/guardians must complete the Google form with contact information and preferred appointment time (appointments take approximately 15 minutes).
- A staff member will follow-up with each parent to confirm date and time of appointment.
WHEN YOU ARRIVE TO REGISTRATION:
A staff member will direct parents to a table representing each elementary school to process their student registration packet. In addition to the completed student registration packet, parents are required to submit the following required documentation:
- A parent driver’s license
- Proof of residency/home ownership:
• A copy of your mortgage statement or
• Recently signed P&S Agreement, which requires follow-up with a home closing document or
• Signed lease agreement or
• Notarized Affidavit Supporting Residence document with the homeowner’s real estate tax bill and copy of homeowner’s driver’s license.
- Utility bill with name and address
- A copy of the child’s birth certificate
- Certificate of lead poisoning and vision exam with stereopsis documentation
- A physical examination within one year of entrance to school or within 30 days after school entry and updated immunizations covering the following:
• diphtheria (5 doses)
• pertussis (5 doses)
• tetanus (5 doses; Td booster grade 7)
• mumps-rubella-measles (2 doses)
• polio (4 doses)
• varicella (2 doses or Dr. documentation of chicken pox)
• Hepatitis B (3 doses)
- A copy of a current immunization record is required for registration.
If additional immunizations are needed prior to the beginning of school, a copy of the complete immunization record which meets state requirements must be provided prior to school entrance.
IF YOU ARE UNABLE TO SCHEDULE AN APPOINTMENT:
Families who are not able to schedule an appointment for one of these two dates may complete the registration packet from the website and drop it off at the school administration central office located at 230 North Road, Chelmsford, MA 01824. Office hours are Monday through Friday between 8
Additional information about student registrations and packets may be found on the CPS website registration page.
ALL DOCUMENTATION IS REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF REGISTRATION
Ms. Jane McDonald
Phone: 978-251-5100 ext. 6901